Thursday, January 15, 2009

Juice of Barley

This is a great English Country dance, from around 1690. Great music, easy to learn, fun to dance. It goes like this:

Juice of Barley
Duple Minor Longways Set

Couples face each other. Take hands four from the top of the set. Couple closest to head of the hall is Couple1, other couple is Couple2.

A1
Back-to-back w/partner

A2
Two-hand turn w/partner

B1
Men do a half figure eight through the women (Man1 leads). All clap and circle hands-four clockwise.

B2
Women do a half figure eight through the men (Woman1 leads). All clap and circle hands-four clockwise.

Duple minor?? What is THAT?? Hands four? Half figure eight? Well, it's all so simple that even I can do it, so you know you can!! Tune in to the next post, and I'll explain.

1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed seeing a familiar face in NEFLIN's blog list as I was surfing the list. I'm at home dancing in my office this afternoon ;-)
    I'm looking forward to learning more about 23 things and each other on our blogs. I just did mine today so it might not join the list for few days.

    ReplyDelete